This is the Blue cheese & raspberry salad recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 1 1/2 tbsp (25 mL) salted butter divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnut halves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 2 onions cut into thin rings
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen raspberries thawed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups (2 L) spring lettuce mix
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Blue cheese cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chives chopped
In a large skillet, melt ½ tbsp (7 mL) butter on medium heat. Add walnuts and cook for 5 min. Add maple syrup and let caramelize while stirring for 2–3 min. Once mixture has thickened, set aside.In the same skillet, melt remaining butter and cook onions for 12–15 min, or until softened and browned. Let cool at room temperature.To make dressing, use a hand blender to purée raspberries with vinegar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. If desired, pass through a sieve. Divide lettuce, walnuts, onions, cheese and chives among plates.
Add raspberry vinaigrette and serve immediately.
Urban Blue was designed to be a mild-tasting and crowd-pleasing Blue cheese. If you’re not a fan of Blue cheese, this could be the one that will show you what you’ve been missing.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Feta.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||19 % / 206 mg|
|Vitamin A:||26 %|
|Vitamin C:||22 %|
|Vitamin B12:||19 %|