This is the Blueberry kefir pancakes recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- Refrigeration: 10 min
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups (575 mL) plain kefir divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) semi-salted butter melted
- 1 Container (300 g) Canadian Ricotta
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar, maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) fresh blueberries
- Fresh basil or mint leaves (optional)
In a bowl, mix first 5 ingredients together. Make a well in the centre.
In another bowl, beat eggs and 2 cups (500 mL) kefir. Pour into the well and whisk until mixture is combined. Stir in butter. Let rest for 10 min.
In a blender, mix Ricotta with remaining kefir, sugar and vanilla. Set aside in the refrigerator while cooking pancakes.
Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a ladle of batter and swirl to coat bottom of the skillet. Sprinkle with some blueberries and cook for 3 min on each side.
Transfer pancake to a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. To make pancakes more quickly, use two skillets.
Garnish with Ricotta mixture and remaining blueberries. Top with fresh basil or mint leaves, if desired.
Note: The recipe can also be made with a flavoured kefir.
Did you know?
Kefir is known as the champagne of yogurt because of its unique mild effervescence.
Cheese alternative: Canadian Mascarpone.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||26 % / 287 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||25 %|