Blueberry Muffins à la Suisse (Cooking Club Size)
Serve these blueberry studded muffins with a glass of milk; or take them with you for breakfast on the go.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 30 min - 40 min
- 4 cups (1 L) whole wheat or all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup (330 mL) brown sugar packed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated orange rind
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded Canadian Swiss cheese
- 3 cups (750 mL) fresh or frozen blueberries or 4 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) melted butter
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Butter two non-stick muffin pans or line with paper liners.
In a very large bowl, combine flour, Canadian Swiss cheese, brown sugar, baking powder, orange rind and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter and vanilla extract. Pour over dry ingredients and sprinkle with blueberries. Stir just until moistened.
Spoon into prepared muffin pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tops are firm to the touch, rotating pans halfway through. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
Cooking Club Tips:If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to batter to reduce bleeding of the colour. The baking time will be in the higher range.
Cool muffins completely before dividing to take home. These muffins freeze well. To reheat, wrap one muffin in a paper towel and microwave at 'defrost' until warm, about 2 minutes.