This is the Blues and Greens Cream of Leek recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 lb (450 g) trimmed leeks chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) watercress
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable broth mix
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) 18 % cream
- 4 oz (125 g) crumbled Canadian Blue cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Canadian Blue cheese to garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley
In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add leeks and watercress; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until leeks are softened. Add broth mix; cover and cook 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
With a hand blender, purée soup until smooth. Stir in cream and 4 oz (125 g) Canadian Blue cheese. Heat over medium-low heat until hot (do not boil) and cheese is melted. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
Serve sprinkled with more Canadian Blue cheese and fresh parsley.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||14 % / 149 mg|
|Vitamin C:||19 %|
|Vitamin A:||14 %|
|Vitamin B12:||12 %|