This is the Blues and Greens Cream of Leek recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 lb (450 g) trimmed leeks chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) watercress
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable broth mix
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) 18 % cream
- 4 oz (125 g) crumbled Canadian Blue cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Canadian Blue cheese to garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley
In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add leeks and watercress; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes or until leeks are softened. Add broth mix; cover and cook 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
With a hand blender, purée soup until smooth. Stir in cream and 4 oz (125 g) Canadian Blue cheese. Heat over medium-low heat until hot (do not boil) and cheese is melted. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
Serve sprinkled with more Canadian Blue cheese and fresh parsley.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||14 % / 149 mg|
|Vitamin A:||14 %|
|Vitamin B12:||12 %|
|Vitamin C:||19 %|