This is the Bocconcini and Salmon Casserole recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) dried oregano
- 1 cup (250 mL) basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) vegetable juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) green beans or broccoli florets cut into sections
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) salmon fillet (skinless) cubed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) green olives or kalamata olives pitted
- A few pinches of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 7 oz (200 g) Canadian Bocconcini sliced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a deep skillet, melt butter and sauté onion, garlic, yellow bell pepper with oregano for 2 minutes. Add rice and stir. Pour in broth and vegetable juice and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Add green beans or broccoli, salmon and olives. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low heat 10 minutes more or until rice is cooked.
Slice Bocconcini with an egg slicer, garnish casserole with slices, cover and let melt. Serve once cheese has melted, or brown under the broiler, uncovered.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Fresh Mozzarella, Mozzarella, Provolone.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 181 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||166 %|
|Vitamin C:||79 %|
|Vitamin D:||221 %|