This is the Bocconcini-stuffed meatballs recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 8 min
- 18 Canadian Mini Bocconcini (around 1 lb – 450 g)
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Cajun spices
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) applesauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
Drain Bocconcini and place on a plate lined with paper towels to dry.
Preheat oven to 475°F (250°C).
In a bowl, mix meat with egg, breadcrumbs, spices, salt and pepper.
Make a small patty with some of the meat mixture, place a Bocconcini in the centre and close meat around the cheese. Roll meatball between your hands to seal cheese in well. Repeat for remaining Bocconcini.
Place meatballs on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook in the oven for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix barbecue sauce, applesauce and lime zest. Serve sauce hot or cold with meatballs.
Variations:Cheese alternatives: Canadian Gouda, Havarti, Mozzarella.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 137 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||95 %|