Veal, honey-and-mustard, Brie Cheeseburger
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) lean ground veal
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) old-fashioned mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh chives
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 tsp (20 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 red onion cut into thick slices
- 2 peaches pitted and quartered
- 4 to 6 little rosemary buns or whole wheat buns
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Brie sliced
- 4 to 6 lettuce leaves washed and pat-dried
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat BBQ to medium-high or the oven to 425 °F (210 °C).
Place veal, mustard, honey, chives, egg and bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. Season to taste, combine and divide preparation into four to six parts. Shape into patties and reserve.
Place oil and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Season to taste. Add onion and peach slices. Toss until coated with mixture.
Place patties, onion and peach quarters on grill or on parchment-covered baking sheet in center of oven. Grill onion and peach to taste. Cook burgers 12-15 minutes turning them over once.
Heat burger buns. Add Canadian Brie and let melt for 2 minutes.
Assemble burgers, garnish with onion, peach, lettuce and serve.
You can also cook the burgers in a skillet over medium-high heat, 5 to 7 minutes per side.