Busy mornings are better with a satisfying breakfast like these brown sugar shaken espresso overnight oats! An easy recipe that you can set and forget - made with espresso, chia seeds, milk, Greek yogurt, and brown sugar. You'll be reaching for these overnight oats all day!
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Refrigeration: 4 hours
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar, plus more for topping
- 1 cup (250 ml) quick or rolled oats
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cold brew concentrate or regular espresso
- 1 cup (250 ml) 100% Canadian milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Canadian Greek Yogurt
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a meal prep container of your choice (see tip section for details), combine the brown sugar, rolled oats, chia seeds, and a pinch of salt. Stir these ingredients together.
Pour the cold brew concentrate or regular espresso, Canadian milk, and Canadian Greek yogurt into the container with the oats. Mix everything until well combined.
Cover the container and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours or leave it overnight for the flavours to develop.
Before serving, you have the option to add more Canadian milk to achieve your desired consistency, or you can enjoy the oats as-is. If you’re feeling sweet, top with brown sugar and Canadian whipped cream!
Serve and enjoy!
- Prepare these by assembling them in small jars equipped with lids. Half-pint mason jars work well.
- For a convenient week-long supply, consider making multiple servings in one go. These can be stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of 5 days.
- If you desire a more substantial serving, employ a larger jar and double the recipe accordingly.