This is the Bruschetta with Mascarpone and Mint Flavoured Honey recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 5 min - 10 min
- 8 slices of crusty bread 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick.
- 2 cups (500 mL) strawberries hulled and in small dice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) warm honey
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Mascarpone cheese
- Chantilly Cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
Cut each bread slice in 2 diagonally and set aside.
Mix mint with warm honey and set aside for a few minutes to let flavours mingle.
Whip cream with vanilla extract and icing sugar to make Chantilly cream. Set aside.
Place bread squares on BBQ and toast on both sides.
Spread each toasted square generously with Canadian Mascarpone, then place a pile of strawberry dice on each. Pour warm honey and mint over strawberries. Top with a dollop of Chantilly cream and decorate with a fresh mint leave.