This is the Calzones with Canadian Swiss Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 6 five-inch (12 cm) rounds of pizza dough about 1 lb (450 g)
- 1 can (7 1/2 oz/213 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 red bell pepper cut in thin strips
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 head broccoli cut into flowerets
- 6 sprigs thyme stems removed
- 6 fresh basil minced
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Canadian Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
Place rounds of pizza dough on a non-stick baking sheet. Spread sauce on half of each round, leaving a 1/2 inch (1 cm) edge.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and broccoli and cook until lightly softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
Evenly divide pepper, celery, mushrooms and broccoli among rounds. Sprinkle with thyme, basil and Canadian Swiss. Fold each remaining half over toppings, making half moons. Pinch dough around edges and fold up to seal well. If desired, decorate top of calzones with dough cutouts. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until calzones slide off baking sheet.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||38 % / 417 mg|
|Vitamin C:||198 %|
|Vitamin B12:||61 %|