This is the Canapés with Canadian Brie and Oyster Mushrooms Spread recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 5 min - 10 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 3 cups (750 mL) oyster mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh chives
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Brie* cut in small pieces
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 slices of wholewheat bread toasted
- A pinch of Paprika
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven broiler. Remove crust from bread slices and cut in four. Cover all canapés with cheese spread and place them on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with paprika.
Place under broiler for 5 minutes. Serve right away.
Over medium heat, melt butter in a saucepan. Cook oyster mushrooms and chives 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add other ingredients, season with pepper to taste.
Reduce heat and stir until cheese is almost melted. Spread should not be perfectly smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
*Change the flavour of this dish by using Canadian Camembert.