This is the Caramelized Apples with Blue Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Maple Syrup Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Caramelized Apples with Blue Cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) Canadian Bleu Ermite or Bénédictin Bleu
- 8 dried dates
- 2 tsp (10 mL) coarsely chopped hazelnuts toasted
- 2 tsp (10 mL) butter
- 4 firm apples (Granny Smith or Cortland) cut in wedges
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Maple Syrup Sauce :
In a saucepan, combine maple syrup, cream and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat, or until reduced by half. Remove cinnamon stick and let sauce cool.
In a bowl, combine brown sugar, lemon zest, cheese, dates and hazelnuts.
In a skillet, melt butter and cook apples over low heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden. Transfer apples to an ovenproof dish. Cover with cheese mixture and broil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden. Serve with maple syrup sauce.
Serve with Maple Syrup Sauce.
Nutritional informationPer serving