We know hosting can bring on the stress - that's why we've got you covered with an appetizer that's sure to impress! This quick and easy caramelized pecan-baked brie tastes gourmet. Sure to please those who love both sweet and salty flavours. Be sure to use brie repping the Quality Milk logo.
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cooking: 20 minutes
- 1 wheel (16oz / 450 g) of Canadian Brie cheese
- 1 cup (250 ml) granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) Canadian butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) Canadian heavy cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sea salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) pecans, chopped
- Toasted bread, crackers, and fresh fruit (for serving)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
Place Canadian brie in a cast iron skillet, casserole dish, or pie plate, and put into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
While the Canadian brie is baking, prepare the salted caramel pecan sauce.
Add the granulated sugar to a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until it turns into an amber-colored liquid.
Once the sugar is completely melted, stir the Canadian butter into the caramel until it is completely melted, about 2-3 minutes.
Slowly, drizzle in the Canadian heavy cream while stirring constantly, allowing the mixture to boil for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and stir in the sea salt and pecans.
As soon as the brie comes out of the oven, place it on a rimmed serving dish and pour the salted caramel pecan sauce on top.
Serve your baked Brie immediately with toasted bread, crackers, and fresh fruit. Enjoy!
- Adjust the quantity of topping based on the size of cheese. The amounts listed are for a 16 oz wheel of Canadian Brie that would serve 6-8 as an appetizer.