This is the Caramelized Sweet Potato and Onion Omelette with Melted Cheddar recipe.
- Prep: 5 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sweet potatoes diced and blanched
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup (250 mL) Medium Canadian Cheddar shredded
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 15 % cream
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh tarragon chopped or 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried tarragon
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a large non-stick frying pan, melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of butter over medium heat and sweat the sweet potatoes and onions for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the syrup and cook for a few more minutes, until the syrup is thicker and sticks to the vegetables. Remove from the pan and set aside.
In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cream and tarragon and season to taste.
Melt 1 tbsp (15 mL) of butter in the pan, pour in half of the egg mixture and cook over low heat without stirring. Once the omelette is nearly done, garnish with one half of the caramelized vegetables and one half of the cheese. Fold in two and finish cooking as desired. Repeat this step (3) for the second omelette. Cut both omelettes in two and serve immediately with a green salad or fresh fruit.
Try this recipe with another Canadian cheese: Cheddar, Gouda, Mozzarella, etc.
Nutritional informationPer serving