This recipe is taken from the 1994 Milk Calendar. This is the Cheddar and Broccoli Quiche recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- 1 9-inch (23 cm) pie shell fully baked
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250 mL) broccoli chopped, cooked
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh dill
Brush mustard over bottom of baked crust. Place broccoli and Cheddar cheese in crust.
Combine eggs with milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, cayenne and dill. Pour over broccoli and cheese.
Place pie plate on a cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven 30 to 40 min or until just set. Allow to rest 10 min before serving.
Any leftover quiche is delicious cut into small squares and served as appetizers.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||19 % / 210 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||25 %|