Cheddar and Grilled Cherry Tomato Salad
This is the Cheddar and Grilled Cherry Tomato Salad recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
- 3 cups (750 mL) different coloured cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) chorizo sausage cut into rounds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach or 1 head of Boston lettuce torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh basil thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Sharp Cheddar cut into cubes
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat grill to high heat.
In a saucepan, cook quinoa according to package instructions, then let cool.
Meanwhile, place cherry tomatoes and chorizo on a large sheet of aluminum foil and fold in ends to form a bowl shape.
Place tomatoes and chorizo on grill and cook for 5–7 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar and cook for another 2–3 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix lukewarm quinoa with spinach, basil and Cheddar. Add cherry tomatoes, chorizo and balsamic vinegar. Toss and serve at once.
Handle the aluminum foil gently so as not to tear it. You may also fold it over to double the thickness, or place it on a foil plate.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss Cheese, Sharp Gouda
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||27 % / 294 mg|