This is the Cheddar and Jam Pancake Sandwich recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) white vinegar
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) jam your choice (fig, apricot, blueberry, blackberry, etc.)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) water
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Medium Cheddar shredded
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) pecans in pieces
In a bowl, mix the milk and vinegar; let stand 2 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon. Add the eggs and vanilla to the milk mixture and beat with a whisk. Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until well combined.
Preheat oven to 200 °F (100 °C).
In a large non-stick skillet, heat a bit of oil over medium heat and add batter to form pancakes roughly 3-inch (7.5 cm) in diameter. Cook until the surface is covered with bubbles, 2–3 minutes. Flip over and cook 2 more minutes. Reserve in warm oven, then cook more pancakes. If necessary, use more than one skillet to speed up cooking time.
In a small saucepan, mix the jam and water, bring to a boil and keep warm while cooking the pancakes.
Place two pancakes on a plate, sprinkle shredded Cheddar over them, and cover with two more pancakes to form sandwiches.
Garnish with the jam coulis and pecans.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||41 % / 450 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||36 %|