A delicious warming soup on a cold, damp day. Enjoy with wholegrain bread and a side salad.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 4 cups (1 L) cauliflower chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) potato diced
- 2 1/4 cups (560 mL) chicken broth
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 mL) Milk
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) shredded Medium Canadian Cheddar cheese
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook onion and thyme, for about 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add cauliflower, potato and broth; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium, cook about 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Whisk flour into milk; gradually stir into soup. Increase heat to medium-high, cook stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until it melts. Season to taste.
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||41 % / 413 mg|