A delicious warming soup on a cold, damp day. Enjoy with wholegrain bread and a side salad.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) thyme
- 8 cups (2 L) cauliflower chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced potato
- 4 1/2 cups (1.125 L) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 cups (1.375 L) Milk
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded medium Canadian Cheddar cheese
In large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook onion and thyme, for about 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add cauliflower, potato and broth; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium, cook about 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Whisk flour into milk; gradually stir into soup. Increase heat to medium-high, cook stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Remove from heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Season to taste.
Cooking Club Tip:To take home, divide soup among containers. Label with name and date prepared. Reheat soup on stove top, on medium heat or in the microwave oven, stirring occasionally, until heated through.