This is the Cheddar-Crusted Perogies and Veggies recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 2 1/4 lb (1 Kg) store-bought frozen perogies, potato and onion flavour or your choice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 8 oz (240 g) mushrooms sliced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 8 oz (240 g) baby spinach
- A few pinches of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 18 % cream or 15 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chives chopped
- 6 1/2 oz (185 g) Canadian Medium Cheddar shredded
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Cook perogies in salted boiling water according to instructions on packaging.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt half the butter and sauté garlic and onion until translucent. Add mushrooms and bell pepper and cook for a few minutes more. Add spinach, salt and pepper and reserve in an oven-safe dish.
In the same skillet, melt remaining butter and brown the cooked and drained perogies. Add cream, broth and chives. Bring to a boil and transfer to the oven-safe dish. Stir to mix perogies and vegetables. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, and brown in the oven.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Provolone, Gouda.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||22 % / 239 mg|
|Vitamin A:||26 %|
|Vitamin C:||57 %|