This is the Cheddar rösti recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 4 cups (1 L) potatoes grated or julienned
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) carrots grated or julienned
- 1 cup (250 mL) zucchini grated or julienned
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chives chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) Canadian Mild Cheddar grated
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) mild or spicy smoked paprika
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a bowl, mix vegetables, chives and Cheddar. Add salt, pepper and smoked paprika to taste.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add mixture to make one large rösti or 6 to 8 small ones.
Flatten mixture in skillet and cook each side 5–10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden. Serve with an omelette or eggs cooked any other style as part of a brunch.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Mozzarella.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 141 mg|
|Vitamin A:||14 %|
|Vitamin B6:||12 %|