This is the Cheddar Scallop Cakes recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 4 min - 6 min
- 8 oz (250 g) fresh scallops drained and chopped
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Mild Canadian Cheddar or Medium Canadian Cheddar shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten separately
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- Fresh herb salad
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh flat-leaf parsley trimmed
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) celery leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh chives
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
In a bowl, combine scallops, green onions and cheese. Sprinkle with flour and add 1 beaten egg. Salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate for several minutes.
Fresh Herb Salad:
Finely chop parsley, arugula, celery leaves and chives; place in a bowl.
Shape scallop mixture into 8 cakes. Coat each cake with flour, dip quickly into second beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs. In a large skillet, heat oil and melt butter over medium heat. Cook cakes for about 2,3 minutes per side until golden.
Sprinkle Fresh Herb Salad with oil and lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, toss and serve immediately.
Note: Cheddar Scallop Cakes can be prepared ahead and refrigerated until cooking time, or cooked and reheated in oven.
For a change of taste, use Canadian Swiss, Gouda, Havarti.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||21 % / 236 mg|