This is the Cheese Fondue recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 5 min - 10 min
- 1 large garlic clove cut in half
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry white wine
- 12 1/2 oz (375 g) Canadian Emmental cheese diced
- Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Kirsch
- Pepper to taste
- Grated nutmeg
- 1 dried white bread cubed
Rub inside of fondue pot with garlic. Pour wine and bring to boil. Reduce heat and add Canadian Emmental cheese. Stir continuously in a figure-eight pattern, to avoid lumps. Add drops of lemon juice as necessary, if cheese doesn't blend easily.
Add Kirsch mixed with cornstarch. Season with pepper and nutmeg while stirring until smooth. Place fondue pot over tabletop burner and serve with bread.