This is the Cheese & Tarragon Pancakes recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 tsp (1-2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh tarragon chopped or 1 tsp (5 mL) dried tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Medium Gouda grated
- Butter (for cooking)
- Apple & pineapple salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) apple diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pineapple diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh tarragon chopped
Apple & pineapple salsa:
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients. Leave at room temperature while making pancakes.
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and ground cinnamon. Make a hole in the middle and pour in milk. Stir with whisk to obtain a smooth batter. Add eggs, vanilla extract and tarragon. When mixture is homogenous, add the Gouda cheese.
Heat skillet over medium heat, melt in butter and pour a small ladleful of batter. Cook 4 minutes or until bubbles appear in pancake and first side is golden. Turn pancake over, continue cooking for about 3 minutes. Batter should be fully cooked in the centre. Repeat same steps until all the mixture is used. For faster service, use more than one skillet at a time.
Serve pancakes warm and topped with Apple & Pineapple Salsa.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||42 % / 465 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||51 %|