This recipe is taken from the 1993 Milk Calendar. This is the Chicken and Pasta Salad with Caesar Dressing recipe.
- Prep: 40 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Caesar Dressing
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dry mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) Milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) anchovy paste or 2 anchovies mashed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- Chicken and Pasta Salad
- 8 oz (240 g) tubular pasta (penne, rotini or rigatoni)
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked chicken diced
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked crisp and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) croutons
Combine mustard, flour, salt and pepper in a large, heavy saucepan. Whisk in milk. Beat in egg yolk. Cook on very gentle heat until mixture thickens. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, garlic, anchovy paste, vinegar and olive oil. Cool. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Chicken and Pasta Salad:
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Combine pasta with cooked chicken. Coat with Caesar Dressing.
Line in a large serving bowl with lettuce. Place pasta and chicken mixture on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Decorate top of salad with bacon, cherry tomatoes and croutons.
For "instant” cooked chicken buy a barbecued chicken and discard skin and bones using only the meat. Try diced cooked or smoked turkey for variety.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 188 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||40 %|