Chicken and Spinach PaniniOur dietitians' favourite
By Stefano Faita
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken breast cut in strips and grilled
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black olives pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup (250 mL) baby spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole wheat baguette cut in 4 or 4 small ciabatta buns or flatbreads
- 4 slices Canadian Swiss type cheese
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sour cream
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber finely diced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Begin by seasoning chicken strips with salt and pepper, then brush with a little olive oil on all sides. Grill the chicken in a skillet then set aside.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil and begin sautéing the onion and garlic. Add cherry tomatoes and olives and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Add spinach, remove from heat, stir and let cool. Set aside.
For the sauce, mix together the yogurt, sour cream, garlic, lemon juice and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Cut the ciabatta in half and lightly grill or toast. Distribute the chicken evenly on each ciabatta, followed by the Swiss cheese and
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||29 % / 320 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||83 %|