An easy, homemade, creamy Caesar salad dressing brings classic flavour to this grilled chicken salad - just the thing to enjoy on those hot summer nights.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Caesar Dressing
- 1 cup (250 mL) 10 % half-and-half cream
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain yogurt
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 cups (2.5 L) torn romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
In a blender, combine cream, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper; purée until smooth. With motor running, pour in lemon juice. Add yogurt and pulse to blend. Let stand for 5 min or until thickened.
In a shallow dish, pour 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the dressing over chicken and turn to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Grill chicken over medium heat (or broil) for 15 min, turning once, or until no longer pink inside. Transfer to cutting board; slice thinly.
In salad bowl, combine lettuce, grated Canadian Parmesan cheese and 3/4 cup (180 mL) of the remaining dressing. Toss to coat. Divide among serving plates and top with croutons and chicken. Drizzle with more of the dressing to taste.
*Any extra dressing can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||22 % / 239 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||61 %|
|Vitamin A:||60 %|