This recipe is taken from the 1997 Milk Calendar. Easy, easy, easy. Everything's in the cupboard, and even if you think you can't cook, this will prove you can. -James Barber
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 1 lb (450 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts or legs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 mL) Milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3 cups (750 mL) egg noodles uncooked
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300g) frozen mixed vegetables
Cut chicken in to 1 in (2 1/2 cm) cubes.
In a large skillet, cook chicken in the butter and oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper; cook until onion is tender. Stir in flour; cook for 1 minute.
Gradually add milk; cook and stir until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Add mustard and noodles. Return to boil and simmer for 15 minutes, adding frozen vegetables after 10 minutes.
Stir before serving.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 184 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||46 %|
|Vitamin B6:||35 %|