An elegant one-dish meal for family or company.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 2 1/2 tbsp (37.5 mL) butter
- 3 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried rosemary crushed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Arborio rice
- 1 lb (500 g) cooked chicken cut into small chunks
- 1 cup (250 mL) hot chicken stock
- 3 cups (750 mL) hot milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas thawed
- 3 cups (750 mL) brown mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) freshly grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In large heavy pot, melt butter. Sauté onion, garlic and rosemary over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring 2 minutes. Mix in stock and mushrooms. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a gentle boil. When stock is absorbed, start adding milk, half a cup at a time, stirring each batch until absorbed. Add peas and chicken, then cheese. Add more hot liquid if needed. Season and serve.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||34 % / 370 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||65 %|