Many Canadian white beers are very softly spiced in the brewing process, making them a perfect match for the Asian flavours of this delicious satay.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 7 min
- Chicken Satay
- 1 lb (450 g) boneless chicken breasts cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Chinese five-spice powder
- Cream Cheese-Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) peanut butter
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) boiling water
Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C).
Form small brochettes by skewering chicken cubes on large toothpicks (used for club sandwiches). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, brush on melted butter and sprinkle with five-spice powder.
Bake in the oven or on the grill at medium-high heat, 5–7 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Midway through cooking, turn the brochettes over.
Cream Cheese-Peanut Sauce
Mix Cream Cheese with other ingredients.
Serve brochettes with hot or cold creamy peanut sauce.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||2 % / 27 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||26 %|