This is the Chicken, vegetable and Gouda couscous recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) medium couscous
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) pure unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sunflower oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 or 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrots grated
- 1 cup (250 mL) zucchini grated
- 1/2 yellow pepper diced
- 1 apple diced
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Gouda diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked chicken
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh mint chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Remove from heat, add couscous and cover. Let rest 5 minutes or until couscous has absorbed all the broth. Stir with fork to separate the grains, and let cool.
In a bowl, mix apple juice, vinegar and oil. Season.
Add remaining ingredients and couscous.
Stir, adjust seasoning and serve cold or warm.
Chicken may be replaced with leftover turkey.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||24 % / 262 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||31 %|
|Vitamin C:||41 %|
|Vitamin E:||24 %|