This is the Chilled Autumn Soup recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- Refrigeration: 2 h
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) celeriac peeled and diced
- 2 ripe pears
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) cream 35 %
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled Canadian Ermite cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
Finely chop onion. Peel and core pears, cut in small dice.
Sauté onion and celery root in butter for 10 minutes. Add pears and cook 4 minutes more. Add broth and simmer for 15 minutes until vegetables are well done. Remove from heat, then add Canadian Ermite cheese and cream.
Pour soup in a blender and puree until smooth. Cool, then place in refrigerator.
Soup might need thinning with a little milk or cold broth. Add chives and serve.