This is the Choco-Banana Cheese Crepe recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- 2 1/2 oz (75 g) dark chocolate
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Ricotta
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- 3 oz (90 g) Canadian Mozzarella grated
- 6 thin crepes
- 6 small bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) all-purpose flour
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
Using a food processor, blend the Canadian Ricotta with the melted chocolate and spices until smooth. Add half the shredded Mozzarella.
Spread on 6 crepes. Roll the bananas up in the crepes. Serve cut into 2 pieces and sprinkle with the remaining Mozzarella.
In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract. Add the milk and melted butter. Whisk in flour gradually.
At medium heat, pour a small ladleful of batter into a non-stick pan. Quickly spread the batter to get a thin crepe. Let brown and flip to brown other side.
Serve crepes hot or cold.
This tasty spread can be prepared in advance and refrigerated up to 1 week. Also great on toasted or plain multi-grain bread, bagels, English muffins, etc. or served with custard or chocolate or fruit coulis.
Canadian Cheddar and/or Gouda make for tasty alternatives.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||20 % / 225 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||44 %|