This recipe is taken from the 2000 Milk Calendar. The kids will be lining up to help you make this quick and easy lunchbox favourite.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) corn syrup
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 tsp (10 mL) white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups (430 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) icing sugar
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Lightly spray 12 muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In bowl, mix together bananas, milk, brown sugar, corn syrup, oil, vanilla and vinegar.
In another bowl, mix together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; sprinkle over banana mixture and stir just until moistened. Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Bake for 15 to 20 min or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack. Sift icing sugar over top.
Be careful not to overcook, because the cupcakes will be dry
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||4 % / 45 mg|