This recipe is taken from the 1986 Milk Calendar. Our version of this muffin-shop favourite is delicious, nutritious and will stay moist, thanks to the milk and bananas.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 3/4 cups (430 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) baking powder
- 1 ripe banana mashed (approx. 1/2 cup/125 mL)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter melted
- 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven 400 °F (200 °C). Lightly butter or spray 12-cup non-stick muffin pan.
Sift together flours and baking powder. Reserve.
Combine banana with brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, milk and melted butter. Stir in dry ingredients only until blended. Quickly stir in chocolate chips. Do not overbeat.
Spoon mixture into prepared muffin cups. (An ice cream scoop works well for this). Bake 25 min or until browned slightly. Cool on racks.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||8 % / 92 mg|