This is the Chocolate-Cranberry Scones recipe.
- Prep: 15 min - 20 min
- Cooking: 12 min - 15 min
- 2 1/4 cups (560 mL) Five Roses Cake and Pastry Flour
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) cold butter cubed
- 4 Squares (4 oz/120 g) Baker's semi-sweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 2 Squares (2 oz/60 g) Baker's White Chocolate (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Use pastry blender or two knives to cut butter into dry mixture until crumbly. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate and cranberries.
Make a well in dry ingredients; add milk and stir with fork until ragged dough forms. Turn out onto work surface and knead just until ragged bits are incorporated into dough. Gently pat dough into 3/4-in (8 mm) thick disc. Use 2.5-in (6 cm) cutter to cut out scones. Place on unbuttered baking sheet.
Sprinkle tops evenly with brown sugar. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden on the bottom; broil for 45 seconds or until top is golden. Let cool on wire rack.
Microwave white chocolate (if using) on medium for about 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled scones.