Here’s a satisfying twist on classic potato hash with the mild spice of chorizo and the nuttiness of Canadian Swiss cheese.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) chorizo sliced
- 1 leek thinly sliced
- 3 large potatoes diced and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper au goût
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Swiss cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh basil chopped
In a large skillet, cook chorizo on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add leek and potatoes; stir and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat; add Swiss cheese and basil. Let cheese melt and serve as an accompaniment to eggs for breakfast or brunch.
Canadian Cheese alternatives: Provolone, Cheddar, Gouda.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 134 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||40 %|
|Vitamin B6:||15 %|