This recipe is taken from the 2008 Milk Calendar. These beautiful muffins are bursting with raspberries and crowned by a crunchy topping. They're far better than anything you can buy.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh raspberries or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Butter 12 nonstick muffin pans or line with paper liners.
: In a bowl, combine sugar, oats, cinnamon and lemon juice; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine all-purpose and whole wheat flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In another bowl, whisk together sugar, egg, milk, butter, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Pour over dry ingredients and sprinkle with raspberries; stir just until moistened.
Spoon into prepared muffin pan, smoothing tops; sprinkle evenly with topping. Bake for 25 to 30 min or until tops are firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for 10 min. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
Cooking Tip: If using frozen berries, do not thaw before adding to batter to reduce bleeding of the colour. The baking time will be in the higher range.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||8 % / 91 mg|