This is the Citrus and red fruit trifle recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 5 min - 7 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lemon or lime juice (or a blend of the two)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Mascarpone
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 angel food cake (about 10 oz – 300 g), cut into cubes (about 7 cups – 1.75 L)
- 3 cups (750) red fruit (raspberries, strawberries, cherries, etc.)
In a saucepan, bring cranberry juice, lemon or lime juice and zest to a boil.
Beat egg along with half of sugar until mixture is thick and creamy. Stir in cornstarch.
Warm egg mixture with a bit of hot juice and then pour it into saucepan. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
Whip cream with remaining sugar and incorporate Mascarpone and vanilla.
In a nice glass bowl or individual glasses, make layers as follows: cake, fruit, Mascarpone cream, and cranberry and citrus cream.
Reserve in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||13 % / 140 mg|
|Vitamin C:||73 %|
|Vitamin A:||22 %|