Cocoa, banana and coconut are a scrumptious combination and this smoothie captures them all in a thick, satisfying drink. It’s just the thing to enjoy after a workout, as a snack, or as a dessert.
- Prep: 5 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sweetened shredded coconut divided
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 frozen very ripe banana broken into chunks
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
Set 1 tsp (5 mL) of the coconut aside for garnish. In a blender, combine remaining coconut, yogurt, milk, vanilla, banana and cocoa; purée until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.
Very ripe bananas with brown spots on the skin give the most flavour to smoothies. Once ripe, peel the bananas and place in a resealable freezer bag, then freeze until solid and keep on hand to make this recipe.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||35 % / 385 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||60 %|