This is the Cod Fillets with Vermouth and Migneron de Charlevoix Sauce recipe.
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 4 skinless cod fillets 6 oz (175 g) each
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 4 shallots chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry vermouth preferably Noilly-Pratt
- 1 cup (250 mL) fish stock
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) whipping cream 35 %
- 3 oz (90 g) Canadian Migneron de Charlevoix, Canadian Mamirolle rind removed or Canadian Sir Laurier d'Arthabaska cheese rind removed
- Fresh parsley chopped (keep a few sprigs to decorate)
- Fresh chervil chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- Broiled tomatoes to garnish
Remove any bones remaining in cod. Rinse fish in cold water and dry with paper towels. Place fillets on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
Heat some oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan. Carefully place fillets in pan and cook for 4 minutes. Turn over with a slotted spatula and cook for 3 more minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to a serving plate and keep warm.
Heat a little oil and a little butter, then sauté shallot for 1 minute. Add vermouth and allow liquid to reduce by half. Blend in cream and Canadian Migneron cheese, then simmer for 3 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and herbs. Pour sauce over fish, garnish with parsley sprigs and serve with broiled tomatoes.