This is the Comforting Pan Pizza with Cheddar Cheese Curds and Parmesan recipe.
- Prep: 45 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 1 sweet red pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chili sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) zucchini
- 1 cup (250 mL) eggplant
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red onion
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tomato paste
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh basil minced
- 1 lb (450 g) homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- Cornmeal or flour
- 6 oz (180 g) cubed Canadian Cheddar cheese curds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan
In a casserole on medium heat, cook ground beef thoroughly.
In a smaller casserole on medium heat, cook red pepper in water and chili sauce for 5 minutes or until tender. Purée in order to obtain a smooth sauce.
Meanwhile, dice zucchini, eggplant, onion and mushrooms. Add to beef and cook 4-5 minutes.
Incorporate red pepper sauce, tomato paste and basil. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400oF (200oC).
On a work surface, sprinkle a bit of cornmeal or flour, then roll out the pizza dough using a rolling pin. Dough must be large enough to cover the bottom and sides of a skillet roughly 12˝ (30 cm) in diameter and 1˝ (2.5 cm) deep.
Place dough in skillet and fill with beef-vegetable mixture.
Top with Cheddar, fold in any dough exceeding skillet edge, and bake 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake another 5 minutes. Serve with a spinach salad.
Canadian Aged Cheddar, Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||22 % / 247 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||75 %|