This is the Cool Parfait recipe.
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) Canadian Cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) mandarin orange segments
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) pineapple tidbits
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen raspberries
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) coarsely chopped pecans or sweetened coconut or mini marshmallows or chocolate chips
In a small bowl, whip cream and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of sugar with electric mixer.
In a large bowl, beat Cream cheese with electric mixer then beat in remaining sugar. Drain juices from canned fruit, saving 1/4 cup (60 mL) of juice. Add juice to mixture and beat well. Fold in whipped cream .
In 4 parfait glasses, make several layers of Cream xheese mixture and fruit. Finish with topping of your choice.
Variation: Replace raspberries with a second can of mandarin orange segments or other fruit.