Instant classic: a cupcake-shaped coconut cream pie. The secret to the incredibly fresh-tasting cream is Cottage Cheese. You’ll really wish you’d made a double batch.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- Refrigeration: 1 h
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) + 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Cottage Cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vanilla Greek-style yogurt
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Line regular-size muffin pan with paper baking cups.
In a bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar. Press into bottom of each baking cup. Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
In an oven-safe baking dish, spread out coconut and grill in oven about 5 minutes.
Using a food processor or blender, purée Cottage Cheese with egg, 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar, flour, vanilla extract, lemon juice and coconut (reserve a small quantity for garnish). Pour into baking cups and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Let cool, remove cupcakes from pan and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with yogurt and reserved grated coconut.
The Cottage Cheese mixture can be made ahead and reserved in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Ricotta, Cream Cheese, Mascarpone.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||5 % / 54 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||16 %|