A nutritious version of a great summertime meal. Perfect to serve up on the patio!
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 8 oz (226 g) canned chunk crabmeat drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (2 mL) ground black pepper
- 8 soda crackers crushed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a large bowl, mix together crabmeat, Ricotta cheese, breadcrumbs, green onions, mayonnaise, dry mustard, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and black pepper. Using a 1/3 cup of the crabmeat mixture, form eight patties into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Coat the patty with crushed crackers.
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Fry cakes, covered, for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, honey and chopped cilantro. Serve alongside warm crab cakes.
If you want your crab cakes to be a bit crispier, bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 375°F (190°C) after pan-frying.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||32 % / 351 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||127 %|