This is the Creamy Pasta with Turkey, Mushrooms and Old Cheddar recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 8 oz (240 g) mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked turkey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Aged Cheddar shredded
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked long pasta (spaghetti, fettuccine or linguine, etc.)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sun-dried tomatoes rehydrated or oil-packed tomatoes cut in strips
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) toasted pine nuts
In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat and sauté garlic and mushrooms for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
To deglaze pan, add wine and bring to a boil. Add cream, milk, mushrooms, turkey, salt and pepper; simmer for a few minutes, without boiling, until heated through.
Set aside 1 oz (30 g) of cheese for garnish. Add remaining cheese to pan and melt over medium heat, stirring well.
Add cooked pasta, tomatoes, parsley and pine nuts. Stir well, heat through and serve immediately, sprinkled with cheese.
You can prepare sauce and pasta ahead, warming sauce to melt cheese before adding pasta and remaining ingredients.
For a change of taste, try with Canadian Swiss, Aged Provolone, Gouda, etc.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||25 % / 320 mg|