Canadian fine cheese, real cream, fresh herbs and plenty of shrimp combine to create this lavish lasagna. Use oven-ready pasta for simplicity.
- Prep: 30 min - 40 min
- Cooking: 55 min
- 1 jar 23 oz (700 ml) tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 18 % cream
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups (500 mL) Light Canadian Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated carrot
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 12 oven-ready lasagna pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs (750 g) peeled and deveined medium shrimps patted dry
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Canadian Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Butter a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish.
In a bowl combine pasta sauce, cream and basil. In another bowl mix Canadian Ricotta cheese, carrot, dill and pepper.
Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato cream sauce in prepared baking dish. Top with four lasagna noodles in a single layer, trimmed to fit and not overlap. Spread half of the Ricotta mixture, top with half of the shrimp and one-third of the tomato cream sauce and half of the Canadian Parmesan cheese. Top with four more pasta, the remaining Ricotta mixture, the remaining shrimp, half of the remaining tomato cream sauce and the remaining Parmesan cheese. Finish with remaining pasta and tomato cream sauce. Top with Canadian Swiss cheese.
Cover loosely with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes or until lasagna are tender but firm and the sauce is bubbling. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
To be sure lasagna is heated through, insert knife into centre of lasagna, then test heat of knife on palm of your hand. It should be hot!
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||44 % / 487 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||106 %|
|Vitamin D:||76 %|