This is the Crème Brûlée with Crab, Avocado and Havarti recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 4 min
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) 35 % cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced Canadian Havarti
- A pinch of Ground Cayenne or Espelette pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) crabmeat well drained
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) sugar
In a saucepan over low heat, heat cream and milk until steam starts to form.
Meanwhile, beat egg yolks for 2 minutes then beat in flour. Pour a little warm cream into egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Pour mixture into saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until mixture thickens. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add Cayenne and salt and pepper generously.
Evenly divide avocado and crabmeat among 4 medium-sized 3-1/2 inches (9 cm) ramekins and sprinkle with lemon juice. Pour cheese mixture on top; sprinkle with sugar.
To caramelize, broil for about 4 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
You can prepare cheese mixture ahead. Assemble and broil just before serving.
For a change of taste, try with Canadian Mozzarella, Cheddar, Gouda, etc.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 204 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||64 %|
|Pantothenic Acid:||34 %|
|Vitamin A:||32 %|