This recipe is taken from the 1994 Milk Calendar. This is the Crisp Breaded Chicken Drumsticks recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 45 min - 50 min
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) cornflake crumbs
- 1 cup (250 mL) dry bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour. Cook for a few min but do not brown. Whisk in milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cook gently 2 min. Beat in mustard, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Cool.
Combine cornflake crumbs, bread crumbs and parsley in a flat dish. Pat chicken dry. Roll in seasoned sauce. Coat chicken pieces with crumbs. Line in baking sheet with foil. Brush with oil. Arrange chicken drumsticks in a single layer.
Bake in a preheated 350 °F (180 °C) oven for 45 min or until juices run clear.
This recipe is delicious prepared with the chicken skin on or off.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 76 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||21 %|