This is the Crispy pork with cheese and a fruit salsa recipe.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Refrigeration: 30 min
- 1 1/3 cups (330 mL) fresh fruit chopped - your choice of peaches, mangoes, grapes, kiwis, pears, pineapple etc.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh parsley minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste to taste
- 5 oz (150 g) strong Canadian Cheddar with port cut into 4 large sticks
- 4 large pork cutlets or butterflied pork chops flattened
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) All-purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) bread crumbs
- Salt adn freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
Prepare salsa at least 30 minutes before serving by mixing together all the ingredients. Keep in fridge until you are ready to serve.
Preheat oven to 375 ° F (190° C).
Place a stick of cheese on the thinnest edge of each pork cutlet. Roll up meat to completely enclose cheese.
Place flour in a deep dish, beaten egg in a second dish and mix the breadcrumbs with the salt and pepper in a third.
Bread the pork rolls by dipping them first in flour (shaking off any excess), then egg and lastly breadcrumbs. Repeat the egg and breadcrumb steps.
Heat the oil over a medium high heat. and brown the pork on all sides. Continue cooking in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Heat the salsa for 1 minute in microwave. Serve the crispy pork with the warm fruit salsa.
Try this recipe with Canadian Havarti with herbs.